Wednesday, 9 April 2008

Happiness in New Zealand

I note with interest a recent demographic survey on happiness.

Major findings:
- Men are less happy than women.
- The middle aged the least happiest.
- Middle incomed are less happy than those poorer or wealthier.
- Those renting are less happy than others.
- Those not in a relationship (other than widows/widowers) are the least happy.

It's nice to know that I, a single, renting, middle-aged, middle-income male, am not alone in my misanthropy. Indeed, that makes me quite hap-

Ah, bugger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Sweets. You can be quite charming when you're being petulant.
I snorted when I read "Those not in a relationship (other than widows/widowers) are the least happy" - does that mean it is better to have loved and lost, or that the grass is always greener until you try it and realise you were better off grazing alone??
Seeya, Spikey. xox
PS/ HAPPY BIRTHDAY for the 18th ... of April that is. Congratulations ... Commiserations ... whatever you feel is appropriate :-)